Doncaster Sheffield Airport Disabled Facilities
Facilities for Those with Special Needs
Robin Hood Airport tries to ensure their disabled passengers are able to travel as comfortably and hassle free as possible. Facilities for disabled travellers include:
- Wheelchairs which can be requested when booking your flight.
- A pick-up and set-down area located directly outside the terminal building.
- The majority of facilities are based on the ground floor.
- Lifts are available for first floor access.
- Disabled toilet facilities on both floors - and in the arrival and departure areas.
- A shuttle bus between the airport and Doncaster station with full disabled facilities.
There are a number of specially designated disabled spaces at the front of the airport car park, closest to the terminal building. These spaces are for disabled badge holders only.
To ensure maximum assistance make sure you contact your airline directly or through your travel agent to advise them if you have trouble with walking, need wheelchair assistance or have any special dietary requirements. This will enable any special arrangements at the airport or during the flight, to be made.
Passengers are requested to advise staff on check-in of all their requirements.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
You should compare the arrangements offered by different airlines before making your booking and be sure to check whether the cost of any special assistance is included in the price of your ticket.
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it's available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.