Doncaster Sheffield Children’s Facilities
We understand that travelling with children isn’t easy. Your flight might be departing at sleepy, unsociable hours, or you may need to know what kind of baby food and milk you can access through security if you’re travelling babies and toddlers. To save you time and effort, we’ve put together these tips to help you have a smooth journey while travelling with the kids through Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
Travelling with babies and toddlers
Baby care and changing facilities are available in all toilet facilities.
Special baby care rooms, equipped with changing tables, nappy dispensers and other essential equipment are available for passengers travelling with young babies. Please ask a member of staff on the day for more details.
Looking to carry your own baby products through security? Always be aware of what liquids and semi-liquids you may be carrying such as milk and baby food.
If you’re worried or carrying a lot, you can call ahead to let security know or ask them for advice.
Alternatively, book a place on Fast-Track Security to skip the majority of the queue and enjoy a simpler security experience. Top Tip: You can get Fast Track free with your airport lounge pass.
Travelling with young families
What entertainment is available at Doncaster Sheffield Airport for the kids? Since Doncaster is such a small airport, there aren’t any dedicated areas for children as there are at other airports.
You can always avoid the stress of long journeys by bringing your own books, games and toys for your family. Alternatively, and World Duty Free all offer a range of things to do with the kids: books, puzzles, games and food. See exactly what shops are available.
Remember that an airport can be a wonderland through the eyes of a child. Find some excellent tips for flying with small children and how to make the airport a safe playground for the kids with the Flying with Babies and Toddlers Guide from Airport Parking Shop. Why not take a tour of the airport and the exciting bargains you can pick up in duty-free? The ultimate shopping trip!
Things to consider at the airport
- If you are travelling with children and you will be hiring a car to get to and from the airport you should consider arranging a child seat. To avoid confusion as to what child seats are considered safe and are required in the UK by law read the Department for Transport website. The law doesn’t actually extend to taxis, but it’s always better safe than sorry.
- The ruling is that if the taxi or private-hire cab does not offer a child seat, then you may travel so long as the child is using a seat belt and in one of the rear seats. It’s been advised that under 3’s should have a car-seat since they don’t fit adult seat-belts.
- Most on-site restaurants have child seats and high chairs available on request, so if it’ll help your experience, don’t hesitate to ask. Here’s all the info you need on Doncaster Sheffield Airport’s Bars and Restaurants.
- The Fast Track service means you skip most (or all!) of the queue. It’s perfect for young families or if you’re travelling with autisic or disabled passengers. Fast Track at Doncaster is offered by Holiday Extras and best of all, if you book into the Premium Lounge, Fast Track is included for free!
Things to consider In the Air
- On request, nearly every airline will offer a child seat belt (or CRD) to help you buckle up with your toddler. Children under the age of 2 will have to be held by a parent or guardian while on the flight. Sometimes airlines are happy for you to bring your own but it’s worth checking with your provider.
- Different airlines have different models and policies, but if you’re worried, just give them a call or specifically request the extra assistance to help with your young family.