Doncaster Sheffield Airport Security
Enhanced security measures means that checking in can take longer than it used to. The general rules are: dispose of any liquid items (this includes things like sun cream) before you go through security and if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
It is advised that you arrive at the airport in plenty of time. Here’s what we recommend:
Before You Leave for the Airport
- Ensure that you have your passport, any necessary visas, tickets and money in your hand luggage.
- DO NOT pack banned items in your hand luggage.
- If packing medicines, ensure that they are in their original packaging as this will help avoid a delay or confiscation at customs.
- Do not gift wrap presents as they may have to be unwrapped by security staff or customs.
- Dress comfortably as sitting on board an aircraft can sometimes be uncomfortable.
- The Department of Health has dedicated a section of their site to health advice for those travelling abroad and what jabs and/or vacinations you may need in advance.
If items are confiscated at security control you will not be compensated and, with the exception of unusual circumstances, the confiscated items will not be returned.
Syringes that are needed for diabetics and other medical reasons will only be allowed in hand luggage if you can prove the medical necessity. You may wish to phone the airline in advance to find out what they require as proof of your medical condition.
Not to carry in your hand lugagge
|Knives with blades of any length||Household cutlery|
|Tweezers||Hypodermic needles (unless required for medical reasons)|
|Tools Toy/replica guns (metal or plastic)||Catapults|
|Knitting needles||Sporting bats|
|Billiard, snooker or pool cues||Darts|
Not to carry in any form – hand and hold lugagge
|Flammable liquids and solids||Oxidisers|
|Organic peroxides||Gas cylinders|
|Infectious substances||Wet car cell batteries|
|Instruments containing magnets||Instruments containing mercury|
|Non-safety matches, fire lighters, lighter fuel||Paints and thinners|
|Poisons, arsenic, cyanide, weedkiller||Acids, corrosives, alkalis, caustic soda|
|Creosote, quicklime, oiled paper||Radioactive materials|
Who to get in touch about Doncaster Sheffield Airport
|Who||Email contact||Phone contact||Website|
|Doncaster Councilemail@example.com||01302 736000||http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/|
|Visit Doncasterfirstname.lastname@example.org||01302 734309||http://www.visitdoncaster.com|
|Sheffield City Council||https://twitter.com/SheffCouncil||0114 273 4567||https://www.sheffield.gov.uk|
|Doncaster Sheffield Airport’s Complaints email@example.com (Commercial Manager)||07436 037732*||We are not affiliated with the official airport so please
direct any complaints/ enquiries directly to them.
*Calls to mobile numbers may be charged between 10p-20p per minute from landlines