Doncaster Airport Security Information
Enhanced security measures means that checking in can take longer than it used to. The general rules are: dispose of any liquid items (this includes things like sun cream) before you go through security and if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about. We have provided everything you need to know about Doncaster Airport security information.
Hand Luggage – What you can and can’t pack
In addition to the above;
- If an item does not fit into your hand luggage, it must go in the hold. This should be done before you check your hold luggage or you risk paying an inflated fee to check the item.
- Large pieces of musical equipment can be taken on board as a 2nd piece of hand luggage, but this is dependant on the airline you’re flying with. Please check this with them before you book.
- Carrying a laptop? Be sure to remove it from your hand luggage bag before you put it through for screening
- You are free to take pushchairs, wheelchairs and other mobility aids through security, but they too are subject to screening.
- Only one bag of liquids per person. Liquids that do not fit in the bag size stated above will need to go into the hold.
Medicines and Baby food
- Medicines are permitted in larger quantities than the 100ml but it is best to obtain a doctors note to save too much questioning at security.
- Syringes that are needed for diabetics and other medical reasons will only be allowed in hand luggage if you can prove the medical necessity. Phone your airline / airport for clarification on what they would deem proof if you’re unsure.
- Enough baby food and milk to last the journey is also allowed through.
Duty free / departure lounge purchases
- Any liquid items purchased after security, of any size, can be taken on to the aircraft. Please be mindful however that you can’t drink alcohol purchased in the airport on the plane.
- Retain your proof of purchase throughout your journey as you will be required to show it at all transfer points if applicable.
Doncaster Airport Security – Prohibited Items
If items are confiscated at security control you will not be compensated and, with the exception of unusual circumstances, the confiscated items will not be returned.
|Knives with blades of any length||Household cutlery|
|Tweezers||Hypodermic needles (unless required for medical reasons)|
|Tools Toy/replica guns (metal or plastic)||Catapults|
|Knitting needles||Sporting bats|
|Billiard, snooker or pool cues||Darts|